The Charter Oak Romance Writers, Inc. is Chapter #194 of the Romance Writers of America®, a non-profit, national organization of over 8,000 published and aspiring romance writers. Membership in CORW is open to writers who are at least 18 years of age.
Although our members also write mysteries, non-fiction, and children’s books, CORW is basically a romance writers’ group. CORW’s main focus is to provide information and networking to fellow romance writers through a variety of programs.
The Charter Oak Chapter is a local chapter of RWA serving members living in Connecticut and Western Massachusetts.
- All-Day Workshop on February 7th, 11-4, at the Courtyard by Marriott
225 Slater Road, Manchester, CT 06042. Speaker: Kristan Higgins. Kristan Higgins is the New York Times, Publishers Weekly, USA TODAY and Wall Street Journal bestselling author of more than a dozen novels and a two-time winner of the Romance Writers of America RITA Award. Her books have been translated into more than twenty languages and received numerous starred reviews from Publishers Weekly, Booklist, Library Journal, Kirkus and Romantic Times. She is a four-time nominee for The Kirkus Prize for best work of fiction. For more information, see the workshop page.
- Regular Monthly Meeting on March 7th at South Windsor Library. Speaker: CORW member Deborah Ann Davis on the ins and outs of self-publishing, from editing to cover to formatting and, finally, marketing. Deb is the author of the New Adult novel, Fairly Certain.
- CORW meets on the first Saturday of every month (except July and August).
- You are invited to join Charter Oak Romance Writers and can attend your first meeting with no obligation to join.
- Check out our Facebook page.