The Charter Oak Romance Writers, Inc. is Chapter #194 of the Romance Writers of America®, a non-profit, national organization of over 8,000 published and aspiring romance writers. Membership in CORW is open to writers who are at least 18 years of age.
Although our members also write mysteries, non-fiction, and children’s books, CORW is basically a romance writers’ group. CORW’s main focus is to provide information and networking to fellow romance writers through a variety of programs.
The Charter Oak Chapter is a local chapter of RWA serving members living in Connecticut and Western Massachusetts.
- Charter Oak mourns the passing of long-time member Eleanor Sullo, who passed away on February 6. Ellie was the author of ten novels and a valued mentor and friend to many Charter Oak members over the years. She will be missed and her contributors to our chapter will not be forgotten.
- Regular Monthly Meeting on March 7th at South Windsor Library. Speaker: CORW member Deborah Ann Davis on the ins and outs of self-publishing, from editing to cover to formatting and, finally, marketing. Deb is the author of the New Adult novel, Fairly Certain.
- Photographs from our all-day workshop featuring a master class on dialogue by New York Times bestseller Kristan Higgins can be found on our workshop page.
- CORW meets on the first Saturday of every month (except July and August).
- You are invited to join Charter Oak Romance Writers and can attend your first meeting with no obligation to join.
- Check out our Facebook page.